The St. Edward's University Archives founded in 1958 by Brother Philip Odette, C.S.C. documents the history of a small, private Catholic school in Texas and its struggles and successes toward becoming the institution it is today.
The Special Collections includes materials dating to the 14th century, with emphasis on Catholicism, Texas, English Literature, and Jazz.
Archives and Special Collections is located in the Munday Library, Room 113. Reading Room hours by appointment only. For more information use the contact button below.Make an Appointment
Help us preserve campus history for future generations! The Archives actively collects materials that document all aspects of campus history from St. Edward's University.
Help us preserve campus history for future generations! The Archives actively collects materials that document all aspects of campus history from St. Edward's University: departments, faculty, research groups, student and staff organizations, alumni and other entities with a relationship to our campus.
We collect analog and born digital formats including photographs, audio and film/video formats, oral histories, maps, illustrations and art, and artifacts and ephemeral materials.
The university archivist would like to talk with individuals who may be willing to donate records, memorabilia, photographs, or other items that relate to the history of St. Edward's College (1885-1925), St. Edward's Academy, St. Edward's High School, St. Edward's Military Academy, St. Edward's Preparatory School, and Mary Hill College.