(1925-1990) The official yearbook of St. Edward’s University.
St. Edward’s Publications
A collection of official university and student publications, including:
- Newspapers The St. Edward’s University newspaper fills a gap about Austin-based Catholic schools and the Catholic community in Central Texas from 1881 through the early 1920s, when very few papers provided Catholic news from across the state and country. Other papers published at St. Edward’s University include The Cadet and The Echo. The Cadet was the newspaper published by the St. Edward’s Military Academy during its operation from 1943-1946. The St. Edward’s High School was the only Catholic High School in Austin until 1966. The Echo was the student-run newspaper for the high school. It provides information about student life, sports, and campus announcements centered solely on the high school community. (Note: This collection is in progress and, therefore, may be incomplete)
- Arete is St. Edward’s award-winning student-led publication that annually produces an academic journal consisting of students’ nonfiction essays, analyses, Capstone papers, and commentary. The publication has won The American Scholastic Press Association’s annual competition eleven times, including ten distinctions of first place with special merit. The journal pursues representation of different perspectives, ideas, and ideologies that embody the diversity in the St. Edward’s community.
- Sorin Oak Review is the annual literature and arts journal of St. Edward's University. The journal was first published under the name Aesthetic Voice.
- Saint Edward’s University: A Centennial History (1986) by Br. William Dunn, this book chronicles the origins of the university, the major historical figures involved, and the journey to its 100th anniversary.
- Stars Over St. Edward’s: The History of the SEU Theatre Arts Program 1962-1982 by Ev Lunning.
A collection of oral histories from former students, staff, and faculty.
Members of the St. Edward’s community share their observations, fears, hopes, and experiences during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
Donated by the Captain and Mrs. Albert Moulckers, this collection includes over two dozen flour sacks which were used as canvases for painters in Belgium when supply lines were closely guarded during World War One.
Original architectural renderings of the Main Building at St. Edward’s University.
(1903) Photographs of the damage caused by a fire in the Main Building on the St. Edward’s University campus and the reconstruction that followed.
More than 200 digitized programs for productions from the university’s Theatre Department.
A selection of photographs from Theatre Department productions, including the many notable guest artists who have appeared on the Mary Moody Northern Stage.
(1949-1967) The official yearbook of St. Edward’s University High School.
In Spring 2019, the twenty-six students in HIST 2303: Introduction to Historical Methods took on the challenge of creating this collection as the course’s culminating assignment. Working in groups, they gathered historical evidence from the St. Edward’s University Archives, and analyzed and contextualized it within the broad developments in higher education in the United States.
Includes brochures, catalogues, and yearbook of the St. Edward's Military Academy that existed during World War II.
(2017-present) A photographic record of the ever-changing landscape of S. Congress in Austin, Texas.
Historical films and videos from the university’s past.